PLACEMENTS RULES AND REGULATIONS
Eligibility and Registration
- Only those students who have registered with the TAPS are eligible to participate in the placement activities.
- Students pursuing their studies under sponsored category are not eligible for campus placement.Also student who came to India on study VISA are not eligible for campus placements.
- Students must carry their identity cards with them during the PPT/written test/group discussion/interviews, and produce the same whenever demanded by the recruiting team, the placement officer or the student coordinators.
- Students are not allowed to interact with the company executives directly. Any queries must be clarified during the PPT itself. Subsequently, they can bring their doubts (if any) to the notice of the placement officer who will then take necessary action.
- Any student found to have applied or secured a job through off campus application without the prior consent of the Placement Officer would be debarred from taking part in any further placement process. Further, the company in which he/she has secured a job, would also be informed of the policy violation by the student.
- If a student is not joining an organization for unavoidable circumstances, then the accepted job offers must be surrendered to the Placement Officer.
- A student violating any of the above mentioned rules and regulations or found indulging in any act of indiscipline/misbehavior thereby earning a bad name to the Institute will be debarred from availing any further placement facilities and is liable for strict disciplinary action, as per the Institute rules and regulations.
- All students who expect to graduate from the Institute by the end of the academic year 2015-16 and are seeking employment may register for campus placements with this office. Placement Registration is valid for ONE ACADEMIC YEAR ONLY.
- Campus placement is a facility provided for the students. Registration is not compulsory. Students not interested in placement are advised not to register for placement.
- Backlogs: Students having backlog of 4 or more courses are not permitted to register for placement. Such students are advised to clear the backlogs and then register after the July-November end semester examinations. However, the extended students can register in case of non-completion of course/project requirements in their last two semesters.
- Students are advised to carry multiple copies of their RESUME in printed format. The resume should not have any correction or over writings.
- Students are advised to read the announcements made, go through the company website and apply only if interested.
Pre-Placement Talks (PPTs)
- Students interested in a particular company, can attend its PPT. Attendance for PPT is not compulsory. However, when ever absence is more, the student coordinator should report the issue to the Placement Coordinator. In all these cases, the decision of the Placement Coordinator will be final.
- Any clarification regarding salary break-up, job profile, place of work, bond details etc. must be sought from the companies during PPT.
- DRESS CODE: Students must be formally dressed whenever they participate in any interaction with a company
** This office reserves the right to refuse permission to a student to attend the selection process/PPT, if they do not follow the following dress code:
Normal Working days (visit to Placement Office & during PPTs / Written / Online Test):
- Shirt / T-Shirt with collar and sleeves without any printed text
- Trousers (full pant) Hair combed
- Shirt to be tuked-in
*** Flip flops (Bathroom / Rubber) NOT permitted ***
During Placement (wef December 01)
- Full Sleeve Shirt (tucked in)
- Formal Trousers (full pant) (No Jeans)
- Hair combed
- It is the responsibility of the student to check announcements / notices / updated information / shortlisted names etc. in the notice boards of Placement Office / Website. Students are expected to be punctual.
- ATTENDANCE & PUNCTUALITY:
- A student who applies and gets shortlisted is bound to go through the entire selection process unless rejected midway by the company. Any student who withdraws deliberately in the middle of a selection process will be disallowed from placement for the rest of the academic year.
- LATE COMERS FOR APTITUDE TEST / GD / INTERVIEW may not be allowed to appear for the selection process.
- DISCIPLINE: Students should maintain discipline and show ethical behaviour in every action they take during the placement process. Any student found violating the discipline rules set by the company or defaming the institute name will be disallowed from the placements for the rest of the academic year.
- Students found cheating or misbehaving in the selection process (PPT / Test / GD / Interview) will be disallowed from the placements for the rest of the academic year.
- MEDICAL TEST: The Placement office assumes that every selected student will pass the medical test. If there is a rejection at this stage, the student registration will be renewed and the student becomes eligible again to seek placement through this office. Students should go through and understand instructions related to medical test carefully. The same should also be adequately clarified during PPT.
- IDENTITY CARDS: Students must bring their identity cards with them whenever they go through a placement process.
- For all matters not covered by the above regulations, the Placement Office will use its discretion to take appropriate decisions. The decision taken by the Placement Officer shall be binding on all students/scholars.